Monday, April 18, 2011

Spring is here?

Woke up to snow this morning. Not just in the air, but accumulating on the ground!  Yesterday was extremely windy and cold, and there were snow flakes in the air that disappeared once they touched down on anything.  That was okay.  It happens now and then in April in this part of Michigan. 

But this morning, now that's another story!  Yes, we do often get a late season snow storm around about these parts.  That doesn't mean I have to like it!  I do have to admit, the bright green of the wheat field together with the white snow did make a pretty backdrop when I looked out my window.




Snow this time of year is known as poor man's fertilizer, for the nutrients it brings to the soil and how much it greens everything up when it melts.  So I guess I can be thankful for the 2-5 inches the weatherman is predicting for this little place here today.

I don't think the robins are too happy about it, though!

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree! I live in MI too, and was NOT happy with the snow!

    ReplyDelete