Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Challenges, Again

I haven't posted in a few days.  Okay, more than a few.  About five.  Computer came down with a virus and DH was out of town.  Since I'm not that good with computers (I'm good at Word and other writing types of things, not good at all at fixing or understanding how the computer works), I was not able to fix it.  So, the computer stayed shut down, with the internet button switched off, until DH got home from his most recent work trip and was able to doctor the computer back to health. 

This week was looking to be a busy one.  It was supposed to be Christmas shopping, grocery shopping, finishing making about 7 presents, going out to dinner with DH (since he was working out of state on my birthday), going to the high school band & choir concert both DDs are in, church choir practice, Wednesday evening advent serive at church, having a family Christmas with my parents, etc, etc.  And of course, posting on the blog!  I do enjoy posting.  Well, honestly I enjoy writing, and I blog hoping that something I write will be helpful to someone else.

Anyway, I thought I had this week all figured out and would be able to post at least three or four times in addition to all my homestead, family, and holiday duties.

Then this morning I got news that the guy who works at the horse farm down the road is having some health problems, and was on the way to his doctor.  The last time he had these problems, he was off work for three weeks, and I filled in for him (feeding 2x a day 7 days a week, doing turnouts, cleaning stalls, filling feedrooms, repairing fences, etc).  

Being a good neighbor, (and good friend to the farm owner for more than 20 years), and concerned about the horses, I'm on standby, waiting for the verdict from his doctor and shuffling my plans in order to take care of the daily needs of 11 horses.   And wondering now just how to fit everything holiday related that needs to be done.  Plus not delay my 'date' with DH. 

If I'm MIA from the blog this week, you'll know why.

No comments:

Post a Comment