Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Me and My Big Mouth. . .

You're gonna laugh and shake your head over this one.  Or maybe just shake your head and then call the men with the nice white backwards jacket and padded cell to come and get me.

I opened my big mouth, seeing a need and realizing I had skills that seem to be rare these days. 

I opened my mouth and said "Hey, I could make that!" 

I opened my mouth and said "Ask your play director if she needs someone to do that."

I opened my mouth and said "She does need someone to do that?  Ok, tell her I can do that."

So, now I have exactly 37 days in which to get the pattern for, the materials for, and then sew FOUR mermaid costumes and ONE merman costume (and probably an Octopus costume) for The Little Mermaid, which is the play the local high school will be putting on in February.  Both of my daughters have roles in it; DD1 will be the little mermaid, and DD2 will be the octopus-like villainess.

Oh my goodness, what was I thinking?!?  It's a good thing it's January, which is typically a crafting month for me due to being winter and not having gardening or hunting or haying or food preserving to do.  I guess that quilt I was thinking about making can wait til next January. . .

I might not be blogging much in the next 37 days.

On the upside, apparently  I am now the high school play director's most favorite person in the world.  And my daughters think I'm pretty awesome, too!  :0)

1 comment:

  1. LOL! I've directed a few plays for our old homeschool group and understand totally!

    We did a play with mermaids and their costumes were really cute. They each wore a pastel tank top, pretty ribbons in their hair and a simple skirt made for the occasion. The skirts were made from some iridescent blue material. Straight skirts that allowed them to walk, with a frill of blue taffeta around the sides and back...again, this allowed them to walk, but gave the effect of a fin. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete