Monday, March 5, 2012

The Bluebird of Happiness. . .

. . . came and sang for me this morning.

I was lying on the living room floor, on my yoga mat, bathed in sweat, panting and enjoying the euphoria of being finished with my Monday morning yoga session with Jillian, when I heard the sweetest sound coming in from the open window beside me (cuz I always have to crack the window a few inches when I'm working out, even if it's below freezing outside).

Slowly, carefully, I raised into a sitting position and peered out the window.  In the maple tree nearest the house, sat a male bluebird, singing his head off.  He sang and sang, perched on a skinny limb, oblivious as I crept away, got my camera, and crept back to the window.




Blue sky, bluebird song, and getting my butt melted off by Jillian.  A great start to the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment