Friday, March 23, 2012

One Year Ago Yesterday. . .

One year ago yesterday, I started this blog with trepidation.  I wasn't sure what I was doing, I just knew that I'd always loved to write and also that the way my family lives is somewhat of a curiosity to a lot of people and a dream of or inspiration to a few.  So I thought what the hay, I'll give it a shot.  Either it will be something that goes down in flames, fizzles out, or maybe, just maybe, it will be something to last a while.

Well, here we are one year and one day later.  This post is #186.  Not record breaking for a blog by any means.  But yet, I feel a small sense of accomplishment.  I love this creative outlet.  I love telling stories of every day life at this little place here.  I'm always pleasantly surprised when readers leave comments.  It's nice to hear from similarly minded people.  It's cool to be an eye-opener (in a good way, LOL!) to others.

My family's lives are not glamorous.  We aren't famous, we don't have powerful or illustrious careers.  Heck, I don't even have a college degree.  I'm a jack of all trades, dabbling in a bit of this and some of that through the years as need and/or opportunity presented itself.  Yet all of us touch others in our day to day comings and goings.  We all make an impression, ever so slight, on the people we meet.  We all have the ability to affect the world.

I think I do tend to get a bit long and wordy in my posts.  So I'll keep this one short and sweet.  Happy Anniversary this little place here!  May we enjoy many more years and posts together.

3 comments: