Sunday, December 30, 2012

'Tis The Time of Year. . .

. . . for frugal people to get their Christmas supplies for next year!

This is the time of year when I purchase wrapping paper, gift tags, and Christmas cards to use the following holiday season.  You just can't beat 50-75% off!  I send out the more expensive cards (I always loved the brand that is country-themed, but they are so darn expensive full price) ever since I started buying them in late December or early January instead of in November!

Heavy-duty wrapping paper is so much more satisfying to wrap gifts with--you can pull it tight and it doesn't rip out on the corners of boxes!--than the stuff that costs $1.00 full price.  After Christmas, I often find rolls of the good heavy stuff for $1.00.  Four or five rolls is usually plenty for the next Christmas's gifts.

This is also a good time of year to look for winter gear, be it coats, snow pants, boots, hats or gloves, in sizes to fit your children for the winter of '13/'14.  Or just to replace your current winter coat that you've been wearing year after year.  I'm going to be doing some online shopping of my favorite warm clothing sites and looking for 50% and 60% markdowns on this season's goods.  To get a warm winter coat that will last for a decade (yes, my current one is that old) for $50 instead of $120+ is a great feeling.

So, get your frugal on, make a list of winter items for storage until fall of 2013, and go bargain hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment