Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Yarn Along 2: Three at Once

Joining Ginny at Small Things for the Yarn Along again this week.

Currently, I have three projects on the needles: my dishcloth for the MKAL that wraps up this week, the Irish Mesh cowl I cast on for last week, and a pair of socks that will be a Christmas gift to my Mom.


I have to confess, I did have a whole lot more done on the cowl than is shown in the picture (taken this morning).  Twenty-two rows, actually, when I noticed I had made a grievous mistake way back in row 1:  when joining to knit in the round I had allowed a twist to get into my stitches.  Why in the world it took me 22 rows to notice, I'll never know, but I ended up frogging the whole blasted thing yesterday afternoon, rewinding the yarn, and starting over.  So, now I have five rows done correctly.

As far as reading goes, I am trying to read The Happy Wives Club, but to be brutally honest, I'm just not that into the writing style.  So far (56 pages), it reads more like a recounting of someone's vacation--"I traveled here and lunched with so-and-so and this is what we talked about"--than how I thought the information in the book would be presented. It is non-fiction, afterall, so I guess I had thought it would be a bit less chatty.  I have a sneaking suspicion that this is a book I will struggle through the first 100 pages of, then give up on because if I'm just not into the writer's style, chances are I'm not going to enjoy the remainder of the book or retain much of the information contained in it.  Oh well.  There's always another book waiting for me to open it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment