Friday, September 12, 2014

Challenge #33: Go Bunny Hunting. Dust Bunnies, That Is.

The weather is turning cooler here.  We have begun our transition back to a life where more time is spent indoors than outdoors.  Which means it's time for me to catch up on all the housework that got let go during the busy gardening and canning season.

Time for dust bunny hunting!

In other words, it's time to stop sweeping (or vacuuming, if you have carpets) around the furniture, and do a good thorough cleaning underneath.  I don't know about you, but at my house dust bunnies seem to breed rampantly under the couches (yes, plural, there are two in my living room; got to have enough seating when the kids come to visit) and beds.

The other day I was looking for a curtain tie-back that had fallen down behind one of the couches during the high winds that arrived with last Friday's storm, and when I peeked underneath said couch I was rather grossed out by the fuzziness of my wood floor.  Definitely time for some bunny hunting.

Plus, the population at this little place here is about to increase (more on that next week, I promise!), so there will be some moving of and rearranging of furniture in the next week or two in preparation for our population explosion.  Excellent opportunity for bunny hunting.

How about you?  Seen any dust bunnies at your place lately?  Or have you been afraid to look?

Let's gather our 'weapons'--brooms, vacuums, mops--and go (dust) bunny hunting!

1 comment:

  1. I think I am afraid to look. I have carpeting in most places so I don't really get many dust bunnies, but my vacuum doesn't reach under the beds. Hubby will help me lift off the mattresses and box-springs soon so I can get the dust out from under. Good luck with all your cleaning.

    ReplyDelete