Monday, October 13, 2014

Why?

Today I woke up with a strange thought playing in my head:

Why (other than the obvious horror movie title and everything) is Friday the 13th a day when so many people expect to experience bad things, challenges of the negative kind, Murphy's law, etc?

I mean, Friday is the beginning of the weekend.  You don't have to get up the next day to go to school or work. (Well, at least, most of the population doesn't.)  Friday is "whew, I made it through the week!!" day.

Shouldn't we be more superstitious about a 13th day of the month that falls on a Monday?  Mondays are usually a bit tough anyway, so shouldn't a Monday the 13th strike more terror into the heart than a Friday the 13th does?

Just the sort of weird thing that goes through my mind now and then.

Who am I kidding?  More than now and then.  Pretty much daily.  ;0)

Enjoy the rest of your Monday the 13th.

No comments:

Post a Comment