Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Yarn Along 8: Making Progress

Happy Wednesday!  Happy Yarn Along!  Joining Ginny again this week.


New book and new project. 

 I requested All in the Family: a Practical Guide to Successful Multigenerational Living from the library, thinking I might be able to pick up some tips and pointers on integrating DS1's household into ours.  However, after reading through the book a bit (I confess, I started jumping ahead after chapter two, looking for relevant info) it appears this book is more about how to move your elderly parent(s) into your home or a home in close proximity to yours than how to be the grandparents whose children and grandchildren move in with them.  *sigh* Guess I'll have to keep searching for books that address our situation.  Being that 3-generation households weren't so rare as recently as 50-60 years ago, I didn't expect so much difficulty in locating information on the subject.

New project is an oaklet shawl that is going to be a Christmas present for DD1.  I had given her the skein of yarn over a year ago, thinking she would like to knit herself something with it (it is mainly shades of purple, her favorite color).  Well, shortly after that her knitting took a back seat to other interests. A few weeks ago she handed me the skein and hinted that perhaps I might create something for her.  Since I had planned a knitted item as one of her Christmas presents, it was easy to fit this shawl into my schedule.
colors are truer in this pic than the one with the book

Meanwhile, I have finished with the leg of DS2's first Athos sock and am about ten rows into the heel flap.  I think doing the heel flap, so far, has been harder than doing the pattern on the leg.  Mainly because it too has a pattern, which is different from the leg pattern, instead of just being a simple plain heel.  Can't wait to get through the 34 rows of heel flap and get to the (faster) foot part.



1 comment:

  1. I loved knitting Oaklet. You chose some beautiful yarn. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete