Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Yarn Along #16: Even Less Knitting Happening

Another Wednesday has snuck up on me.  At least this one is sunny with big puffy white clouds and temperatures above freezing!  Joining in with Ginny and the Yarn Along once again.

Last week, when I finished those socks after working on them for two months (I don't think even my very first pair took me two months. . . ) I thought I was going to jump into a bunch of smaller knitting projects and have tons of things to share this week.

Ha.  That didn't happen.  I did a couple of small projects, all right.  So small they might have taken a total of three hours to get all of them finished. But do I have a bunch of them to show you?  Nope.  I have two.  Two, tiny, tiny things.

The other mitten of the pair of small mittens I was knitting as tree ornaments to give to someone, and a matching small sweater which is also a tree ornament.

That's it.



After finishing those, I did a gauge swatch to see if maybe, just maybe, because I'm a tight knitter, I could use my size 7 dpns for a pattern that called for size 6's (which I don't own--yet).  But, it didn't work out in my favor.  So, I shall either have to spend time searching for another pattern that I like that uses size 7's (which I'd rather not do, I like the pattern I had chosen), or stop in my LYS  after work tomorrow and buy a set of size 6 dpns (yes, yes!).

And since I can't start on the pair of fingerless gloves I was planning to make next (the reason for the gauge swatch), last night I decided to cast on for another pair of mini mittens, this time in pink.  Because, you know, if you are going to give a blue pair to someone who just had a little baby boy this year, it would probably be nice to also give them a pink pair to represent the toddler daughter they also have. 


little pink mitten, 1/3 finished!


Hopefully next week I will be able to post pics of finished pink mittens (and maybe a pink sweater), and a pair of men's fingerless gloves, and maybe, just maybe a third project that I have yet to pick off my Christmas Presents To Make list.

No comments:

Post a Comment