Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Yarn Along 2015.32: Feeling Accomplished

Happy Wednesday everyone!  It's breezy here and building up to a thunderstorm later today.  I'm joining Ginny for the Yarn Along this week.

I have two finished objects to show off!  First, is the Celtic Cables wash cloth for DD2, done in time for her to pack up for college.  She loves it, as I was pretty certain she would.



Next up, I completed sock #1 of the Petty Harbour socks for Dad's birthday in Oct.



I even got so far as to cast on (but not divide onto three needles yet) for sock #2!  So it's all good.  Right on track with where I wanted to be for this week's Yarn Along, and ready for the big road trip to take DD2 up to college on Friday.  Ready for nine hours of car knitting.  That should be good for most of a sock.

Meanwhile, I also read a great book that I forgot to include in last week's Yarn Along post:  Learning to Stay by Erin Celello.


I have to confess, I wasn't sure about the book when I bought it on a whim (for fifty cents on clearance in Schuler Book's used book section). I mean, it sounded like it could be a good read, but then again, I've run into more than a few that sounded good on the jacket but weren't my style at all once I read a few chapters.

This book definitely was a good one.  It was gripping, it was interesting, it was heart wrenching, I didn't have any problem relating to the main character or the story line.  It is just plain a good book.  Well written, not fluffy, yet not academically dry.  I read the whole thing before the weekend was over.  Guess I have three finished items for today's Yarn Along. :0)

1 comment:

  1. That is one amazing dishcloth. If I turned out something that gorgeous, I think I'd frame it.
    Sounds like a good book to add to my every-growing list!

    ReplyDelete