Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Yarn Along 2015.37: Finished Petty Harbour

Another beautiful September Wednesday in progress.  I'm joining with Ginny's Yarn Along again today.

Over the weekend, I finished the Petty Harbour socks I'm knitting for my Dad.  I'm glad to be done with them; while socks are my favorite item to knit, men's socks seem to take forever. It's just 8 more stitches per row, and an extra inch or two on the foot, but boy, I find myself getting anxious to just get to the toe and be done.  Same thing happened when I knit DS2 a pair of socks last year, so I'm pretty sure it's the men's versus women's size difference and not the pattern that makes me get tired of knitting.





Originally, I had planned to cast on a pair of socks for DS1 after finishing Dad's socks. DS1's birthday is in November, so logically he would be the next person to knit socks for. And if I couldn't finish them in time for his birthday, I could always give them to him as a Christmas gift instead.  But now. . . now I'm dragging my heels on starting them.  I mean, he does wear a size 14 shoe.

If I got tired of knitting a pair of size 10's for my Dad, will I find myself just so incredibly tired of sock knitting if I attempt a pair of 14's right now?

While I debate that dilemma, I will focus on finishing my Ups N Downs towel.

No comments:

Post a Comment