Monday, May 2, 2016

April Sewing Project

I know, I know, it's May now.  But I didn't get time to post what I was sewing in April because, well, I ran out of April!  And I was finishing my project just under the wire.  The wire being K3's birthday party Saturday evening.  I had a few problems, like forgetting I was using a directional print when I was cutting out pieces, that slowed me down considerably.  Nothing like trying to squeeze in two more of the large pattern pieces onto my then dwindling fabric.

*sigh*  Live and learn.  And remember to start a whole lot sooner next time. And remember that ruffles are cute, but pinning all those gathers takes forever. . .

Anyway, I did get the summer weight jammies made that I had wanted to give K3 for her birthday.  At least, one pair of them.  I have the fabric to make the other pair at a later date. Like, maybe for this summer when DH and I are planning to take the grand kids camping for a week.


I wish I had taken a better picture of them; my cell phone camera really didn't do justice to the fabrics I used.

No comments:

Post a Comment