Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Yarn Along 2016.25: Even More Purple

Because DD1's birthday is coming up in just about two weeks; the knitting of purple continues.  ;0)  Even though the socks are done, I still have time, and purple yarn, to make at least one more birthday item.

Joining with Ginny for the Yarn Along today.

This past weekend, I stitched down the cast on edges of DD1's Dottie Socks II to make the picot edge.  They came out really cute; I think she's going to love them.  I couldn't resist modeling for a picture even though they are too big around for me. Which means they should fit her ankles perfectly.




While looking for a tutorial to confirm my thoughts on how I was supposed to whipstitch the edge down, forming the picot trim, I found a different way of making picot edging on socks.  I think next time I will try that and eliminate the need to come back after knitting the entire sock to make the picots.

With the socks finished, and a blazingly hot and humid Sunday in which yard work or gardening were a death wish, I decided to cast on for a penguin wash cloth.  Because, well, DD1 also loves penguins.  And I have purple dish cloth yarn in my stash for just such a project.  Looking at this picture now, I realize that the sundress I was wearing on Sunday also has quite a bit of purple. . . 




Both Monday and Tuesday I spent my afternoons doing house work and my evenings in the garden until sundown (nearly 10 p.m. this time of year), so I haven't gotten very far on the wash cloth.  I may or may not have time to make a second one in another penguin design before her birthday arrives.  I guess that depends on if we have any more intensely hot weather in the coming week.



No comments:

Post a Comment