Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Yarn Along 2016.31: Lots of Progress

Joining Ginny for the Yarn Along on another very hot Wednesday (What is it with Wednesdays this summer?!?  Another 90+ degree middle of the week. . .  I think we've hit 90 more times this summer than in the last five summers combined!)

I spent quite a bit of time knitting over the weekend.  Knitting in the car.  Knitting by the campfire.  Knitting at the campsite while waiting for the rest of our group to be ready to go canoeing and kayaking.  I spent almost as many hours knitting as I did in my kayak floating the Jordan River and the Sturgeon River in northern Michigan.

As a result, my second sock of the pair of Solar socks I am making has grown phenomenally. At last week's yarn along, it was barely cast on.  Now, I'm halfway through the heel flap and starting to feel like I'm heading for the home stretch.  Could I possibly finish this sock in the coming week?  I think maybe I could.


I've just started reading A Distance to Death, a horse related murder mystery.  It is by the same author as Murder, She Rode, that I read and really enjoyed in early July.



No comments:

Post a Comment