Wednesday, April 5, 2017

My Tea Is Pink

. . . And it smells delicious.  Fruity.  It has dried apple pieces in it, as well as dried citrus, pieces of beet, and flower petals.  Rose, hibiscus, and orange blossom.  Rose hips too.



I have to confess, I've never liked tea.  I've tried it many ways through the years--hot, cold, iced, sweet--and my reaction has always been the same.  BLECH!!  I've been known to call it "hay water" because that's my take on it--it tastes like a hay chaff infused horse water bucket (ask me how I know these things. . . LOL).

But then, DD2, who absolutely loves tea, recently introduced me to a whole new tea world.  Unfortunately it's pricey, but, mmm, I can stand to drink this stuff!  She'd been given some Teavana tea by a good (and generous) friend.  And because it contained absolutely no 'tea'; as in black tea or green tea, she thought I might actually like it.

She was right.  Darn it.  So, not only am I 
  • a picky eater (have been all my life; probably the only kid in the world who hated fish sticks, hot dogs, and fast food burgers) who has a palate for 'real' food, 
  • a picky beer drinker who can't stand any of the popular commercial beers (anything in a can,  bottle or keg with a TV advertisement basically) even if it's given to me for free; who likes dark, thick, microbrews (the higher the gravity the better; Imperial Stouts are the bomb!)
I'm a picky tea drinker.

Apparently the only tea I like is not your standard comes-in-a-tea-bag-in-a-box-at-the-grocery-store kind of tea.  Nope.  Me, I like the expensive 'loose' herbal kind of tea with no tea leaves at all.  In fact, it doesn't have leaves of any sort.  I've tried a couple different flavors now, and I like the fruit and flowers (and cocoa nibs!) teas. Sorry mint and red raspberry leaf, you, too, taste like hay water.  

Guess I'm going to have to learn to grow and blend my own fruity/floral teas now.

No comments:

Post a Comment