Friday, February 9, 2018

Some Quick and Easy Sewing

Last year, I didn't manage to handcraft nearly as many Christmas gifts as I'd intended.  And honestly, I was quite frustrated by that; more than a little cranky about the projects I'd purchased supplies for but then didn't have to time to create, and ended up having to spend more money and more time going out shopping at what seemed the last minute in order to have gifts to put under the tree.

The gifts I did manage to make were of the quick and easy category: some mug rugs, and some pillowcases. Both projects require not much cutting, and sew up in next to no time.  I found tutorials for both by googling (sometime past, and have lost the links but had printed out instructions, so it's all good).





While the mug rugs are cute, I might get addicted to making pillowcases.  They are just too fun to sew, and also can add whimsy to anyone's bedroom.

A "Monkey George" pillowcase for Toad, 
who currently loves Curious George stories.

 K3 received a pillowcase made of this cat fabric.

Wintry llamas for DD2, nostalgic for her days in Peru.
(Mayhem thinks it's for her.)

No comments:

Post a Comment