Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Yarn Along: June

It's time to join Ginny once again for the June edition of the Yarn Along.

I've not knit much in the past month.  Just one dishcloth featuring Michigan's Upper Peninsula (using a pattern from the booklet Knit the U.P. that I purchased while on a brief visit to DD2 in late April.)  and not quite one sock--I have a few more rows on the toe before grafting it closed--using the Vanilla Latte pattern I've made a few times before.  This time I am using Trekking XXL yarn that I purchased at the same shop where I bought the U.P. themed pattern booklet.


The dish cloth is for me, as I've had several of mine wear out and needed to make a few new ones to replenish my supply.  I do intend, however, to make another one for DD2 yet this summer so she can take it back to school with her in August.




The socks are (shh, it's a secret) for her.  When I saw the yarn I knew it would be socks for her; the colors are just perfect for DD2. They too will be done by August, barring any unforeseen complications that keep me from being able to knit the second sock in the next two months.

Reading-wise, it's been slow going.  May was a very busy month with DD1's wedding, the garden to plant, and again having the grandkids temporarily live with us.  The new issue of Taproot arrived, and I've thumbed through it, but not actually read any of it yet. (Spoiler, this issue contains a sock pattern!!)  As far as books go, I'm about one chapter into Emma Miller's newest Amish murder mystery Plain Confession.


No comments:

Post a Comment