Monday, September 12, 2011

Going Paperless

That's my newest "experiment" aka money-saving strategy at this little place here.  I stopped buying paper towels over the summer.  I cut up some old, stained, worn out or otherwise unwearable clothing that was in the rag box and set a small box of various sized rags in one of the kitchen cabinets.  I began to use those instead of paper towels.  Occasionally, the kids would use them too.  DH, however, loves the ease of grabbing a sheet (or two or four) off the roll of paper towel when he wants to wipe something up or off.

This weekend, the last sheet of paper towel on the last roll got used up.  I told DH I wouldn't be purchasing more.

We are now paperless.  (Well, okay, not totally as I haven't transitioned the family to cloth napkins--yet--and we still have toilet paper.)

All in due time ;0) 

I'm hoping to eventually phase out paper napkins and facial tissues too.  TP will always be a staple. 

Or will it?  (*insert evil laughter*)

No comments:

Post a Comment