Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Back in the Saddle

I'm back in the saddle again.  Hopefully creating a new good habit of riding regularly, instead of the willy nilly hit and miss kind of riding I've done for most of the past five years.  Yikes, five years!  But yes, when I look back at my riding log, it's really been five years since I was riding at least three times a week.  That's pretty depressing, since riding is my passion and what, aside from my husband and kids, brings me the most joy.  How much more joy could I have had in the last sixty months if I had only made riding a priority instead of letting everything else get in the way?

For the past two weeks, I've been riding two to three times a week.  It's great.  I'm happier.  Not only is it a fun form of exercise, I find that by starting my day with a ride, the rest of the day is amazingly more productive. 



The Mare and I

Can you believe she's 23 years old?


*photo credits go to DD2, who was kind enough to sit in the shade beside the riding arena and take pictures of me riding*

No comments:

Post a Comment