Friday, May 10, 2013

Going to Carolina

In my mind, I'm going to Carolina.   (Thanks, Mom and Dad, for playing James Taylor music when I was young and impressionable.)

That song has been playing in my head all week.  Mostly because I am going to Carolina.  South Carolina, that is, to see my little sweetie K3, along with DS1 and K2.  But, to be honest, it's K3 I'm most excited about.

As James Taylor sings in my head and I think of sunny days and warm weather and a blonde blue-eyed smiley-faced darling, I've been sewing.

Because Grandmas do not forget to come bearing gifts.  And because Grandma (yes, me) saw some cute fabric I thought would make a great sundress for K3, showing off her amazing eyes.  And while I was cutting out the pieces for the sundress, I realized that I had enough fabric leftover to make a diaper cover to match the dress.  And a sunhat too!

So, James Taylor is on repeat in my mind, and I've been singing along as my sewing machine hums into action and churns out a new ensemble for my sweetheart girl.


K3's new outfit made by Grandma

I made the sundress in a size 1 (aka 12 months) since K3 is a petite little thing.  The pattern came from Walmart.


The diaper cover I found at this website: http://www.danamadeit.com/2008/07/tutorial-the-perfect-diaper-cover.html .  I made the 12-24 months size.

The sunhat is from here: http://aninaduren.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/sun-hat.pdf .

Now that they are finished, I can't wait to get to South Carolina, give K3 a giant hug, and put her new outfit on her.  


1 comment:

  1. Here I am looking at all that snow thinking "wow it sure is cold there!" and wondering if I could stand to live there and then I see you went to SC! That's where I live! I am trying to learn to knit and sew, so I am looking at all of the Yarn Along Sites. I have such a boring, plain life that it's interesting to see how so many of you live. If we get snow (which do more often now then when I was young) it's a big deal!

    ReplyDelete