Friday, May 3, 2013

Three Whole Days Without Rain!

The ground is finally drying up enough to get some work done out of doors.  Still not dry enough to till the garden and begin planting, mind you, but dry enough that I can drive the tractor in most of the places I need to go, and start working on my mile-long to-do list.

And, dry enough that I got to trade in my knee boots (my tall, waterproof work boots) for my regular work boots.  Plus, it's been eighty or close to eighty degrees most of the week.  Lovely weather, and too warm to wear jeans unless I have to.

So I'm sporting the lovely ensemble of shorts and work boots :0), also known as my 'Heidi the Tool Girl' wardrobe.  (Hopefully, dear reader, you know of Heidi the Tool Girl from the '90s TV show Home Improvement).

I even took a picture, or attempted to take a decent picture, of this outfit.  However, my arm wasn't long enough to hold the camera far enough way to get both my boots and my shorts in one picture.  This ought to give you the general idea, though:


Stylin'!

If you look real close, in the picture you can barely make out the band-aid just below my left knee cap.  Unfortunately I found a patch of still slick mud, slipped on it, and whacked my knee on the tiller implement we have for our tractor.  Being one of those places on your body where there is no padding and veins right under the skin, of course I split the skin open and the inch-long gash bled like crazy.  Hence the band-aid.  The hazards of farm life, LOL.  Also the reason I get my tetanus shot regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment