Tuesday, October 15, 2013

The Sound of Silence

I haven't posted much lately.  Combination of reasons, and I hope to be back to regular posts soon.  It's not as if I don't have anything to post about, or any opinions on current politics. (I do, boy, I do!) But for now, I shall remain pretty silent.

First, though, I'll say something about why I don't post on current events in this country, or around the world for that matter.

I don't need to.  I don't post on school shootings, or terrorist activities overseas, or our own government shut down because I don't need to.  If you want to read about those things, there are plenty of other people giving their opinions on them.  You can't turn on your TV, listen to music on your radio, check your email on the computer, or even go to church!!! without being exposed to multiple opinions on those sorts of events.  There are lots of blogs buzzing right now about whether the Democrats or the Republicans or the Tea Partyists are to blame.

This little place here, as in the land I live on, is my haven.  As much as we can, DH and I have tried to make and keep it our own small dominion, our own tiny nation, where we control what happens, what comes in, what goes out.  I don't read the political sites.  I don't care to watch the news on TV.  If the radio is on, it's because I want to hear singing, not someone mouthing off.   This is my home, my place to relax and be secure, not to be inundated with the world.  When I want to be exposed to the world, I know multiple places to find that exposure.

I strive to keep my blog the same way.  This blog is not about what the Congress is doing.  It's not about gun rights (if I tallied up how many firearms we own, you'd definitely know what side of that issue we stand on).  It's not about what antics celebrities are up to now.  Celebrities don't have a thing to do with getting my laundry done or my garden planted and I could really give a rip about how they behave in public.

This blog is about real life.  Real, every day, life of the little man.  I don't presume to make an impact on the country with what I have to say.  I'm just here, doing my thing, living my life, trying to be of no harm.

Which sometimes means this blog will be silent.  Either by choice (biting my tongue), or by necessity (still harvesting and putting up food we've grown this year).


No comments:

Post a Comment