Monday, December 30, 2013

Feels Like Forever. . .

. . . since I've had a chance to sit and write a blog post.  So, so much going on in preparation for the Christmas holidays--it's really not just one holiday when you have the get-together with your own children, the get-together with your parents and sibling and his family, the get-together with your in-laws young and old, the Christmas Choral service at church the Sunday before Christmas (DD2 and I were part of the choir), the Christmas Eve service at church, the Christmas Day service at church (in which the choir also sang and I managed to be one of the descanting group of sopranos who sang the 'high g' without killing it.  Yay me!!). . .

Add to that an ice storm that knocked power out for three days; three days in which I was trying to finish my Christmas baking (nope, didn't happen--oven uses too much 'juice' to run off the generator), Christmas gift sewing (ended up being by hand and taking way longer than planned), and preparations for a trip to SC to see DS1 and his family.  We almost didn't make it on our road trip to see him, as we couldn't very well leave the house sitter/animal caretaker (DH's 17yo nephew) in charge of the generator and a bunch of animals he was unfamiliar with (city boy).  So we didn't know for sure if our trip was a go until about 30 hours before we were supposed to leave, when the power actually did come back on.

All the gifts (other than the baked ones) did get finished in time, the power came on just before midnight on Christmas Eve, and I even managed to knit an entire sock--adult sized--in about twelve hours on the ride down to SC so that K3 got a pair of them for Christmas instead of just one!  (Unfortunately I forgot to take a picture of them for my files. . . )




Anyway, January is right around the corner, and I have so many posts I'd like to do in the coming year.  God willing and the power stays on, I won't have such a long absence from blogging any more.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, Christmas is hectic enough without losing power! Sounds like you still got a ton done. Hope you had a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete