Friday, August 8, 2014

Challenge #28: Do a Puzzle

August is well known for sweltering hot days.  Around this little place here, we get sweltering hot usually interspersed with pop-up thunderstorms.  Both of which make getting outdoor work done kind of difficult from time to time.

So, if you find yourself in either a day so hot that it makes you pour sweat while you are buck naked sitting still, or a day that is raining so hard working outdoors would be like trying to garden or do yard work in your bathroom shower, take advantage of the situation.  Take a break.  Do a puzzle.

I love puzzles.  I cannot remember a time in my life when I didn't do puzzles. Picture puzzles.  Word puzzles.  Number puzzles.  Even those puzzles that are sentences or quotes that have been put into a code.

I just love puzzles.  My kids, too, like to do a variety of puzzles.

As a result, we have jigsaw puzzles, crossword puzzles, word-searches, Sudoku, logic puzzles, etc at our house.  Perfect for grabbing on a day that is too hot, or too rainy, to get anything done outside.  Better for your brain than watching TV or a DVD.

This week I challenge you to choose some sort of puzzle, take advantage of a day (or evening) with sticky, oven-like temperatures, or a deluge of rain, and sit down for a while.  Do a puzzle.  Exercise your brain instead of breaking a sweat.

No comments:

Post a Comment