Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Yarn Along 7: FOs and the October Socks

Wednesday again!  Joining in with Ginny again this week.

To start, I have 3 FOs (finished objects) to show off:



the September KAL dishcloth
Barley hat for K3, done in purple not navy blue as the picture seems to show
and the finished on Sept. 27th Christmas socks for Mom.


Whew!

When DH and I flew down to help DS1 and family move, I took with me Mom's Christmas socks and, just in case I managed to finish those, the skein of yarn, needles and instructions for DS2's Christmas Socks .  And, since I did finish Mom's socks while riding in the moving truck on Saturday, I immediately cast on for DS2's.



Right now, I'm very glad I started those 'early' (before my self-imposed start date of Oct 1st), because I don't foresee a whole lot of knitting time coming in October what with the grandkids now living here and all.  Hopefully I will be able to get both socks knit this month, and be able to start on my November socks (also slated as a Christmas gift) on time.


As far as reading goes, I am trying to get into this book:  Wildwood Creek.  So far, I'm pushing myself to read it, which does not bode well.  I read a book earlier this year by the same author and absolutely loved it, but this one. . . I'm to page 55 and I can't quite relate to the characters or the story line.  We shall see if this one goes back to the library unfinished or not.

What are you knitting and reading this week?

4 comments:

  1. Knitting isn't a job, so you have the liberty to do it as you can! Your socks came out great. Nice yarn choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't waste your time forcing yourself to read a book that doesn't interest you. You'll never get that time back.

    If knitting or playing with the grandchildren is more appealing, then do what is the most enjoyable. You won't regret it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right. More books await. Thanks for the reminder :)

      Delete