Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Yarn Along 2015.38: Ups N Downs

A much cooler Wednesday at this little place here today.  The wind is kicking up, and the forecast for the next several days definitely looks like October weather.

I'm joining with Ginny and the Yarn Along for a peek at what everyone is knitting/crocheting and reading this week.


As you can see, I've been working on my Ups N Downs dish towel.  I think it's about half done.  The directions say to 'knit to desired length', so I'm going by the how long most of the dish towels in my kitchen are. Which makes this project about half-way finished, or perhaps slightly less than half.  Depends on if I stretch it as if blocking, or just measure as is.  I'm leaning toward measuring as is, because I'm not going to block it after every wash once it's off the needles and in use.

Reading-wise, I just finished (and returned to the library, so no picture!) Beverly Lewis's latest book: The Photograph.  It was wonderful, and I devoured the book in about three days.

Regular readers of this little place here may have noticed I tend to read a lot of Amish fiction.  What can I say?  I've always been drawn to their simpler lifestyle (uh, look around this little place here and see how differently my family lives compared to your typical member of American society 2015. ..), plus the books themselves are in line with what I prefer to read: no violence, no graphic sex scenes, very little political anything, no chasing after status or material things in order to determine self-worth, and certainly no following the latest trend or social media 'must do'!

Anyway, that's my contribution to the yarn along this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment