Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Yarn Along 2015.42: Knitting Challenges

Joining Ginny for the Yarn Along on a rainy Wednesday.

I've been working away at DD2's Offhand Gloves in fits and starts.  I finished the left glove last Wednesday evening.




Then I didn't knit at all on Thursday.  On Friday, I cast on for the right glove, and knit the 20 rib rows of cuff. Easy peasy.

On Saturday evening, I was a bit annoyed with DH, and figured maybe knitting would help me relax a little.  Which, it did, until I realized I had gotten to row 13 of the cable pattern on the back of the hand and had forgotten to start the thumb gusset back at row 8.

At which point I got re-annoyed with DH and wanted to throw a fit.  Instead, I focused my attention on un-knitting five rows of cables. Which was not easy in the slightest.  However, I persevered and got the glove worked back to the correct row for adding the thumb gusset. But, when I started working row 8, somehow I was two stitches short, and could not, for the life of me, see where I had dropped them at.  Fuzzy yarn and all that. . .

ARGH!!  Overwhelming urge to insert fit here.  Instead, I picked up the glove and the pile of curly yarn I had un-knit, and stuffed them into my knitting bag.  Then I went to bed.

On Sunday afternoon, I sat down with DH to watch the Lions play lose their football game.  I decided to just frog the remainder of the right glove and start all over.  Which proved to be a wise choice, as I had a better frame of mind upon embarking on a fresh start for that glove. I got the cuff and almost half of the cable pattern on the hand done in just one football game.

On Monday I knit only a little, as I watched K3 and Toad for two hours after dinner while their parents were at an appointment. Which meant I had hardly any time to knit before it was my own bed time (and I was pretty whupped after two hours of rambunctious young'un wrangling).

Yesterday I knit longer, long enough to finish the hand and one finger of the glove.  Hopefully tonight I will be able to make the other three fingers and the thumb.  Then they will be ready to send off, with their same color hat, in a surprise package to DD2.



(that's a ring finger, not a middle ;0) )

When not outside working, or inside knitting, I've picked up another Amish Village mystery.  Murder Tightly Knit.  I've barely started it, but I'm pretty sure it's going to be good, as it has the same characters as the other two I've read and enjoyed in this series.

2 comments:

  1. Wow - those gloves are impressive. I adore the color. Blues are my favorite .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice gloves - I laughed at the pic with the one finger up :)

    ReplyDelete