Monday, November 23, 2015

Snow Serene

Saturday brought us a lot of snow.  About eight inches, I think, when it was all said and done. It began in the night on Friday, and was supposed to be rain at first, turning to snow.  We were supposed to get 1-3 inches of accumulation, since the ground was still warm (temps were in the low to mid 60's earlier in the week), and most of the first snow was going to melt on contact.

But when it was time to go hunting Saturday morning pre-dawn, there was all ready a good inch or more accumulated on the soft, warm ground.

The snow fell steadily, never really being a gale or storm, just a nice, quiet, serene snowfall.

I sat in the new elevated blind DH built late this summer on the edge of the field, where the woods and field meet, and watched it snow.  For hours.  The sun rose, but the lighting hardly changed all day.  All of these pictures I took, hours apart, while sitting there in the blind.  

I love the way they came out looking like old black and white photos, even though I didn't use any special settings. In fact, they were all taken with the camera on my cell phone just on the standard automatic setting.









1 comment: