Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Yarn Along 2016.1 Plans

Welcome to the first Yarn Along of 2016! It is a bright, sunny typical January day (ie cold with snow on the ground) at this little place here.



I am starting out my 2016 knitting with a simple project: a snowflake dish cloth. This one is to go into my own kitchen drawer, but I just might make a few more to put into the Gift Stash for next Christmas.  Although I think I may try this pattern for the next one.  I'm not too wild about the two 'holes' in the middle and not sure why the pattern designer included them.



Other than that, I'm just contemplating and planning what my knitting projects will be this year.  I'd like to make this Cicely shawl from Taproot issue 15, and these stranded socks, and maybe a few pair of vanilla latte socks with self-striping yarn, and this pattern for cadence socks just calls to me to be made into a pair to wear with my dressage boots (get it?  Cadence.  Dressage.  They just go together.  Plus the intermittent long diagonal line makes me think of lateral work.  So therefore, they must be dressage socks.) This is the year I'm going to tackle a pair of socks for DS1's size 13 feet, I really am.

In addition to all those socks, I have a bunch of free dish cloth patterns from KnitPicks in mind, like this and this and this and. . .  :0)  Go look for yourself, there are just way too many dish cloths to stick with just a few patterns.

I'm looking forward to lots of knitting this year.  How about you?  What projects do you have in mind for 2016?

1 comment:

  1. Dish cloths are the best! I like your list of projects to come :-)

    ReplyDelete