Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Yarn Along 2016.7: One Done (and some sad news)

Joining with Ginny for the Yarn Along today. The weather is slowly warming up (after being absolutely frigid over the weekend), but it can't decide whether to be snowy or sunny today.  We've had spells of both in the last six hours.

I finished sock #1 of my Cadence socks Monday night.






Last night, I cast on for the second sock. The ribbed cuff is finished, and I'm ready to start the lace charts.



This morning, I read some sad news.  An online knitting friend of mine, the young lady that I had knit this shawl for just a year ago, passed away of cancer yesterday.   I'm not sure of her exact age; I do know that when she got the bad news just over a year ago that her cancer had returned (when I first 'met' her about three years ago she was finishing her first go-round with cancer and chemo) she said that she really really wanted to make it to her 30th birthday.  Although we never met in person, this courageous young lady was an inspiration to me (and many others) in her determination to make the best of what she had, fight for her life, and not let cancer and the treatments she was enduring because of it get her down.

3 comments:

  1. What beautiful socks. Such incredible detail. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. I'm glad you got to knit something for her and I'm sure it brought her much comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry about your friend.

    I think the socks are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete