I took a break from working on my Mom's socks, and made a dish cloth before casting on for sock #2. May seems to be zooming along, so I figured I better get my dish cloth made for this month while I was thinking about it.
I'm glad I did, because things seem to be picking up steam instead of slowing down. Plus, the pattern I chose for this month, Open Star, was a bit more time consuming than most of the dish cloths I've made. I think I spent three days (well, my knitting time for three days) working on it. Or maybe four. I'm not sure. All I know is that I only worked on a sock in the past two days.
But, I really love how this dish cloth turned out. Time consuming or not, I will definitely make this pattern again. In the first picture, below, the camera captured the colors pretty well, but not the pattern. The second one is more washed out looking, but at least you can see the 'stars'.
As far as sock #2 of the Hermoine's Everyday Socks I'm making for my Mom, I've just gotten the ribbing and not quite two (of 18) pattern repeats of the leg done so far. My goal is to get to the heel by next week's Yarn Along, and hopefully complete the sock for the Yarn Along after that. Knitting time is about to get scarce as the days get super long (sunrise about 5:30 a.m. and sunset about 10 p.m. for most of June) and the weather gets nicer and I spend a whole lot more time working outdoors.