Thursday, August 25, 2016

Yarn Along 2016.33: Big Fat Yarn

Joining Ginny for this week's Yarn Along.*

I have something new and very unlike me this week.  It's a project made in super bulky yarn.  Oh my!  For someone who normally works in fingering, and thinks worsted is thick, I feel like I'm knitting with rope.  Soft, fuzzy rope, but rope nonetheless.

It is yarn that I actually bought well over a year ago, with the intent to make something for DD2 because it has the most beautiful shade of turquoise in it, and that's pretty much her favorite color.  But, as often happens, life gets in the way, and all that yarn sat in an overstuffed shopping bag in a closet, not being made into anything.

I came across it last week, after finishing the pair of socks I had been working on, and decided that I should get it knit up and out of my house.  Kind of a destashing, purging, cleaning, jump on Christmas present-making kind of decision.  So I went to Ravelry to see what I could find in the way of lapghans made of super bulky yarn.

And I came across this pattern.

One thing I do like about knitting with clothesline rope super bulky yarn is how quickly I see results, LOL.  This thing is growing quickly.  110 stitches per row, I am almost 50 rows into the project, and its already more than a foot tall.  Then again, I am on the fourth skein of yarn, since there are only 64 yards to a skein!  It is definitely going to use up all that yarn I had stashed.  I might even need to pick up a few more skeins.




*Joining the Yarn Along a day late; but better late than never.  Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment