Friday, April 1, 2011

Spring Break!!

Today starts Spring Break for my three teens.  As I type, they are currently driving south on some highway somewhere, with plans to be in Memphis around dinner time.  Their final destination is DH's uncle's place on the Mulberry River in Arkansas.  There, they will spend a week enjoying the great outdoors hiking rugged terrain, and canoeing and kayaking on the river.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, lol, I will be enjoying a very rare childless week (perhaps the second or third one in 21 years)!  The biggest thing I'm looking forward to is getting the house cleaned and then watching it stay that way for an entire week.  (Yes, I really do get geeked over simple things like that.  I think other moms will understand, especially 'moms of many' like me.)

I will also be attempting to whittle my way through a long list of my personal proposed Spring Break activities.  A small sampling:
  • collect and boil down what looks like the last run of sap for the season
  • weed the strawberry and asparagus beds
  • plant 24 white spruce seedlings
  • fix the drip in the kitchen faucet
  • ride one or more of my horses
  • tame the mint-gone-wild terraced bed behind the house
  • figure out a way to keep the free-ranging chickens out of my flowerbeds for good!!
  • work on the rock wall that separates the garden from the yard
  • possibly plant some early crops such as greens, peas, and beets
I shall be a busy girl, but enjoy the break from middle school and high school parenting!



OH!  And if anyone wants some peppermint or spearmint starts, I will gladly send you all you want as long as you cover shipping costs!  I might possibly also have lemon balm available too; I'll know for sure in a day or two ;0)

No comments:

Post a Comment