Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Annoyance #632. . .

My dishwasher won't start.  Again.  I know what the problem is, it's the door handle switch. 

And how do I know this?  Because this is the THIRD time I've experienced this problem with this dishwasher.  This dishwasher that was brand new not quite eight years ago when we built this house.  This dishwasher that had the first door handle replaced when it was only four years old. 

The second time I had this problem, DH was able to fix it without replacing the door handle, as it was just a loose connection in the switch. 

This third time, DH is unavailable.  I'm hoping that between DS2 and I we can get the dishwasher door apart and that we'll find a loose connection again rather than good connections and a bad handle.

So, annoyance #632:  appliances that don't last for crap.  When I pay hundreds of dollars for something and buy it brand new, I expect it to last longer than it takes for your average teen to get through high school.  Like, at least long enough for two average teens to get through high school.  Four would be even better.  My parents had the same appliances the entire time I lived at home without ever having them crap out.  Why is it too much for me to expect the same?

No comments:

Post a Comment