Monday, December 16, 2013

Zero Degrees, and I Feel Fine!

For the first time in a long time, I am warm!  Which is kind of ironic since the thermometer read exactly zero degrees this morning when I went out to do chores.

But I am much warmer at zero, when things are good and frozen, the air is clear and dry, than I am at say thirty or forty when it's cloudy and damp outside.  Damp does not like me.  Or, should I say, I do not like damp.  Chills me to the bone.

Zero, however, I tend to like.  Zero, I can be out in for hours, and feel nice and toasty, with a smile on my face.

Of course, my insulated bibs and coat help, as do the thick socks and clunky cold-weather boots, fur-lined hat, and gloves that make my hands look like they might maybe belong to Mickey Mouse (as in, round, rather than long and tapered like my fingers actually are).

Here are a few pictures I took this morning at the horse farm while I was outdoors.

view to the west as the sun was not quite over the tree line to the east



zero degrees and I feel fine
(just not smiling because taking a selfie at zero degrees with your glove off in order to push the camera button is no laughing matter!)

Yes, you are seeing that right.  I did post a picture of myself.  Hoping that my cold weather gear and my bright yellow sunglasses make me unrecognizable, so not in violation of my 'no identifiable pictures of my family' rule.  LOL.

Bring on the cold, especially when the coldest days tend to be the clearest ones, where the sun shines the brightest.  We can all use a good dose of Vitamin D straight from the source. I just have to absorb it through my face, which is the only thing uncovered in these temperatures!

1 comment:

  1. Brr!! I agree though, damp cold is so much worse than dry cold. The picture of the farm is just breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete