Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Yarn Along: December

I am joining Ginny today for this month's Yarn Along.

Last month, I had found a dish cloth pattern that was perfect for using up scrap yarn.  Well, it kind of became addictive matching up colors in my (rather large) bag of leftover cotton yarn and turning them into more dish cloths. What started out as maybe making a couple turned into me having to literally rip myself away so that I might actually get some of my planned Christmas crafting done.

At current count, I have eight new dish cloths, all from leftovers.  Most will be tucked into Christmas packages (so I didn't totally waste time, right?).  Depending on how the next two weeks go and how many other projects I get completed, I have color combos for about three more dish cloths picked out.


I have knit little on my Glacial socks in the past month.  Mostly due to getting hooked on making all those dish cloths!  I did finish the first sock and get a decent start on the second one. These will just have to see a January finish date.


Meanwhile, I have started a balaclava, aka Ninja Mask, for Toad.  He's all about ninjas lately, and has been begging me to make him ninja mask.  So, onto the Christmas project list went a ninja mask "in green, because blue isn't my favorite color anymore; it's green now".  I am using this pattern so far, and will make changes if needed now that I'm to the eye part.

I haven't done much reading at all lately.  I've been sick in one form or another for going on three weeks now. So there's been a lot of sleeping (the first 4 days), and some catching up on work and chores, etc, for a few days, then a whole lot of coughing (and a visit to Urgent Care for meds) for past 8 days.  I've either been too ill to read, or, on the good days, too busy trying to get normal things done to spend much time in a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment