Sunday, March 31, 2019

Quilt For a Little Rascal

Thanks to Toad's choice of a name for his soon to arrive baby brother (which their parents are not putting on the birth certificate, giving the little one a more normal name for real life), my third grandchild all ready has his official alias on my blog.  He shall be known as Rascal.

I knew, long before I knew his name (IRL or blog-wise), long before we had heard if the baby was a he or a she, that I would be making it a quilt.  Not only a quilt, but one in the Redneck Baby style I had inadvertently established back in 2012 when making one for K3, my first grandchild.  When Toad came along in 2014, I made him a similar quilt of simple 6" squares.  So of course I would use that same design scheme for Rascal, their little brother.

In each quilt, I have used one same fabric, the cream colored one I call the "Jesus fish" fabric.  Each quilt also has John Deere tractors, although not the same fabric or even the same color.  And each one has an 'outdoors' aspect fabric, be it deer, or camouflage, or other wild animals.  Toad and Rascal's quilts also share a fabric with soccer balls, as soccer was their Dad's main sport growing up (and he still prefers to watch soccer over watching football).


Rascal's fabrics

Although they all share the same layout, and some of the same fabrics, each quilt is individual, just as each baby is unique.  Kind of like how siblings share genes, yet those genes are in different combinations.

Rascal's quilt has been finished, and now gifted, so it is okay to share it (and show it off) here.  I put on a skinny border with the John Deere green fabric, then a wider border in the outdoorsy fabric, and did a simple stitch in the ditch for quilting.




simple light blue backing showing the quilting pattern






No comments:

Post a Comment