Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Sewing Update, September

 I actually finished one sewing project in late July/early August (honestly I don't remember the exact date, but it was before Aug 2nd), and then started a stitching project in mid-August.

The finished one is the red-white-&-blue wall hanging (banner? decoration?) that I wanted to make to hang on the door that goes between our garage and mudroom.  That is the door we and our family and friends use the majority of the time, so it is the one I'd rather seasonally decorate than the front door. The only people who typically get close enough to my house the see the front door, but don't actually go in the house (via the garage-to-mudroom door) is the Amazon, UPS, or Fedex delivery drivers.  I doubt they're much thinking about whether or not my front door is decorated.

So, anyway, I now have a nice Memorial Day through ?? Day (haven't decided yet, probably Fall equinox) decoration for my garage/mudroom door.


On August 10th, DD1 and the other teachers in her school district had to report back to their classrooms to do some PD and get ready for the start of school on August 16th. This school year, I will be babysitting Faline on Tuesdays and Thursdays (at her home, more often than not), and I wanted to have a small, portable stitching project to take with me to work on during Faline's afternoon nap.

It took me until the second week of school to settle on what that project would be.  I chose the Mill Hill Nordic Santa kit that I'd purchased in late Spring with the intent to make it and gift it to my Mom for Christmas this year.  It is going very quickly and I will probably be done with the cross stitching by the end of next week.  My plan is to do the actual beading at home (in case I drop the tiny beads; they'll be much easier to see on my hardwood floor than in DD1's carpet.)


I have a few more different Mill Hill Santa kits, so my plan is to start stitching a new one on 'Faline days' while finishing the beadwork at home in my spare time.  Now that we've only got maybe a month left before killing frost takes out the garden for the year, my spare time should increase exponentially pretty soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment