Thursday, June 9, 2022

Sewing and Stitching Update, June

 Sewing done in the past month: NONE

Stitching done in the past month: quite a bit on my Tuesday and Thursday Faline babysitting afternoons.  I have finished all the cross stitching on my Early Morning Santa, and just have a little back-stitching to do and then ALL the beading.  This one has a lot of beads. Everywhere in the picture below where it looks like I missed a spot, that's all going to be filled in with beads.  

Beading will get done at some point this summer, but I'm not setting a hard deadline on it.  That type of work requires a nice sunny day and for me to not be tired or have anything distracting going on around me.  Given all the stuff that goes on in the summer (gardening, etc) outdoors, it will probably have to be an unbearably hot and humid one for me to be in the house on a sunny day with nothing more pressing to do than stitch on teeny tiny beads.


Meanwhile. . . DD1, DD2 and Faline and I were in Shipshewana earlier this week. So of course, my fabric stash just grew some more.  It's impossible to resist getting fabric at both Lolly's and Yoder's Department Store. I brought home a whole lot of fat quarters, having told myself I was not purchasing yardage without a specific project in mind for it.

Some of the fat quarters are the same, so I do have a yard of this or a half yard of that to work with on some ideas for future things like a sun dress for Faline, and some cloth napkins for DD2.  By and large, the fat quarters at Lolly's are fabrics they no longer carry on the bolt, so sometimes buying multiple fat quarters (if you can find them in the infamous boat) is the only way to get a particular fabric that catches your fancy.

By this time in July, DD1 should know what the gender of the coming grandbaby is, so I will start official fabric pull and cutting for that baby's quilt in the coming weeks. I all ready have several fabrics in mind if it's a girl, but no backing yet.  If it's a boy, I don't have quite as many fabrics chosen but I do have a backing that was purchased the year DD1 and Honorary Son got married (a fabric she saw and loved, and I secretly bought and put away for their future son). Anticipation!

No comments:

Post a Comment