Friday, June 7, 2024

Knitting Update, June

 As expected for this time of year, there has not been much knitting happening.

I am, however, through the heel portion of my first Churfirsten sock.  Perhaps I'll actually finish it this month.


Currently I am reading The 8:55 to Baghdad by Andrew Eames.  As a long time Agatha Christie fan (I started reading her in middle school), I thought this book sounded interesting.  So far, about 60 pages into it, I am not disappointed.  The author accompanies history and biography with modern day descriptions of the locations traveled.

Since last month's knitting update, I read two other books:

The Island, by Elin Hilderbrand, which was typical of the author's subject and style, yet still enjoyable. 

 Second Chances by Jane Savoie, which I found disappointingly trite.  Having long been a fan of this author's horse training and sports psychology related books, I had expected way more of this book than it turned out to be.  That said, however, the riding-related sections of the book were great. The characters and plot were just rather shallow and undeveloped (and sometimes a little unbelievable too).

No comments:

Post a Comment