Saturday, November 26, 2011

Yet More Deer Hunting

A summary of the next several days of hunting.

Day four, DS2 arrived home from college around 9 p.m. for the Thanksgiving break.  He didn't really want to get up early to make the morning hunt (understandable after being on the road nearly 10 hours driving just about the whole length of Michigan).  He did, however, go out and hunt later in the day.  I was able to snap a picture of him and DH walking out together, DS2 to his stand in the NW corner, DH back out to the maple stand in the NE 1/3.

What a great statement of father-son bonding this picture is.  And how similar they are: same blaze orange hat worn the same dorky way on their head (dorky my opinion, I prefer to never let my hat stick up like that), same cammies, same boots, same height.  What you can't see is they have the same blue eyes, same dark brown hair, same ability to grow facial hair (DH chooses not to shave, DS2 shaves daily but could have a full beard after only about 3 weeks if he didn't).  DH is an engineer, DS2 is attending the same college (his choice) as DH did, going for the same major (again, his choice).

Neither one saw any deer that day.  But I did!  Not until after it was too dark to even see the sights on my gun, but I saw deer!  The aliens didn't take them all away after all!  Hope returns to the hunters!

The next day, I heard deer, but didn't see them.  DH saw one, but didn't take it because it was small.  DS2 was too busy catching up with old friend to go out hunting.

The seventh day of deer season, DH saw deer!  Boy, did he see deer.  I saw nothing back in my original stand (not very windy, LOL), but in the far north, DH saw about 60 does moving through.  So he shot one.  Now, finally, we had some meat for the freezer!

No comments:

Post a Comment