Friday, December 30, 2011

Cover Me, I'm Going In!

This afternoon I'm going to tackle my nemesis room--the study.  That is my main focus for my clean start in 2012 (mostly because I all ready did the living room before decorating for Christmas, and the master bedroom this fall when I moved my sewing stuff into DS2's room after he left for college).

Here are some "before" pictures of the study to show you what I'm facing.

standing in the doorway, facing the south wall


standing in the doorway, facing east


standing near the desk, facing west (the desk takes up most of the west wall)

As you can see, taming and organizing this mess will be no quick or easy task.  So, cover me, I'm going in!  I have to kill the clutter before it kills me. 

I confess, there is another motive too.  I'm hoping that cleaning out this room will convince DH to finish the wall-to-wall book case (with storage drawers/cupboards underneath) for the south wall that he started about five years ago, got stuck in his designing, and left unfinished as just the 'shelf' that all the crap proceeded to accumulate on. 

1 comment: