Wednesday, December 28, 2011

A Surprise Sighting

Monday afternoon I sat down to the dining room table for lunch.  I sat facing the sliding door that looks out over the back yard and the field.  I noticed a large black spot in one of the trees on the edge of the woods.  Then I thought I saw a blindingly white spot right above the black spot.

So, I jumped up and got the binoculars (that handily live on the ledge in the dining room, for ease of looking at things in the field).  The binoculars confirmed my thought that the black spot with the white spot made up a bald eagle.  Very rare thing to see at this little place here.  They usually live a couple hundred miles north.



 
I don't know where this one came from; it was in the tree all ready when I looked out the door.

I don't know where it went; it stayed in that tree for almost an hour, and I got busy with other things.  When I looked out the door later in the afternoon, it was gone.

Very cool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment