Saturday, November 2, 2013

Second Hand Stores

Thankfulness #2:  I am thankful for second hand stores.

Really.  I've been shopping at them for over 24 years now.  They've saved me a ton of money, and by being choosy at the second hand stores I've been able to outfit my family, and my house, with no one being the wiser that I didn't pay top dollar and buy those items brand new.  Not unless I told them, anyway.

Some people love to go to the mall.  Me, I love to go to Goodwill!  The selection is ever changing, you never know what you are going to find:  prom dresses, jeans that still have tags on them, luggage, baskets, yarn and fabric, end tables, sewing machines (my first sewing machine came from Goodwill, $20 including the cabinet it was in), heated water buckets for the horses, furniture for dorm rooms. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment