Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Yarn Along 2016.24: I Could Have Finished Last Night. . .

Happy Wednesday.  I'm joining Ginny's Yarn Along pretty late today.

I could have finished DD2's birthday socks (Dottie Sock II) last night.  I intended to finish them last night.  I even looked up how to best whipstitch the hems on the cuffs to make the picot edges.  But, then I realized I was playing yarn chicken with my skein.

Never fear!  I have an extra skein of the exact same yarn, just in case.  Well, honestly, it was because when I bought the yarn I planned to make full sized socks, not ankle socks. But anyway. . .

I have another, identical skein of purple yarn, so I wasn't worried about the fact that my first skein was dwindling faster than the foot of the sock--I'm into the toe decrease.  I wasn't worried, that is, until I went to get that second skein last night.

And could not find it anywhere!

ARGH!!!

So, today, I do not have finished socks to show for the yarn along.  I have a mostly finished sock #2.  And, hiding somewhere in my sewing/craft room (that doubles as an extra bedroom and was in use as such for part of last weekend) is the elusive matching yarn to complete it with.

I guess we'll just have to wait til next week to see how they turn out.




No comments:

Post a Comment