Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Yarn Along 2017.2

Joining Ginny today for this week's Yarn Along.

My Knusa shawl is growing by leaps and bounds. With all the chilly weather we've been having, I cannot wait to finish it so I can wrap up in it!




Can you see the subtle stripes in my shawl?  That is because I all ready had one skein of this yarn in my stash, and decided to order more so that I had enough for this project.  Being hand-dyed and of different dye lots, there is a slight color difference between the new yarn and the stash yarn.  Rather than try to 'hide' the stash yarn by only using a little of it here and there throughout the shawl, I am using it to create random stripes.  The plan is to (hopefully) use it all up making stripes in the body of the shawl before I get to the lace edging.  Depending on the lighting, the stripes are barely there or make a nice monochromatic accent.

No comments:

Post a Comment