Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Yarn Along, April. What?

How did it get to be time for another Yarn Along all ready?  March was such a long month (compared to February), but suddenly I'm finding myself staring at the calendar and realizing it's the first Wednesday in April!  Time to join Ginny and see what sorts of yarn-y goodness everyone is up to, as well as check out some possible reads to add to the book list.


As for me, I finished the first (left) of my Deflect socks and am roughly half-way through the leg portion of the second (right) sock. I have to say, doing a cable pattern on a portion of the heel stitches certainly has stretched my comfort zone. Not impossible, but definitely not the I've-done-this-so-many-times-I-can-do-a-heel-flap-on-autopilot heel that I'm used to. I may have had to unknit a few rows. And maybe even more than once before I got to the heel turn.



Reading wise, I've got a couple of things going on right now.  There's the current issue of Taproot magazine that arrived in my mailbox last week.  Also thumbing through A Year of Pies, and reading slowly essay by essay through A Glorious Freedom, both of which I got through my local library.


But what's gotten most of my attention in the last few days is a book I didn't even know existed until maybe two weeks ago: Lessons With Margot.  It is book number five, I guess, of The Dressage Chronicles series.  Apparently after finishing the series with book four, the author decided to kind of do a postscript specifically of technical horse training types of stuff.  I indulged myself and ordered it off of Amazon literally five minutes after discovering that this book existed. Written in the first person and being sort of a memoir of the author's own training and dressage riding experiences, this book is just as engaging as the fiction novels in The Dressage Chronicles series, and I just love reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment