Thursday, July 5, 2018

Yarn Along July

I am joining with Ginny for this month's Yarn Along. A day late, but better late than never, right?

This past month has been about socks. I finished sock #2 of the striped Vanilla Latte socks I was making for DD2.  She thinks they are gorgeous, and still has no clue that they are for her. (*snicker*)  I plan to give them to her before she heads back to college in August for her senior year.



As soon as the Vanilla Latte socks were finished, I went rummaging in my stash and found two complimentary yarns to make my next project--The Polka Dot Party Socks from issue 27, Bloom, of Taproot magazine.  These socks will be for me, since they will be my first color work socks and I'm a little unsure of my ability to make them not too tight but with floats that don't snag on toenails.  Since they are for me, I went with rather bold colors in my yarn choices.



The heel is one that I've only done once before, and honestly didn't like at the time.  I decided to give it another try as I am making these socks exactly as the pattern is written.  I have to say, I still don't like this heel technique.  I guess I'm a gusset heel kinda gal. To me the heel looks a little funky and I may end up ripping it out later and replacing with a different one.  But, for now, I'm soldiering on with the pattern which (other than the heel) is really fun.  This is definitely going to be a bold pair of socks.


No comments:

Post a Comment